About FLX Distribution
FLX Distribution is a financial technology company focused on innovation and distribution in financial services.
FLX Distribution’s innovative distribution solution provides an efficient and effective model for Asset Managers, Alternatives, Insurance, Data/Analytics and Wealth Managers to deliver their solutions, products and capabilities. FLX Distribution is an invitation only membership network of Financial Services Companies and experienced Distribution Professionals. FLX Distribution's mission is to provide solutions to the complex challenges facing today’s Financial Services sector. Membership in the network provides the opportunity for companies to flex their distribution bandwidth and concurrently allow Distribution Professionals to access a broad spectrum of leading firms searching for quality representation. Through an innovative technology solution, FLX Distribution creates a marketplace that connects its members more efficiently in today’s increasingly competitive industry landscape.
We are searching for a Portfolio Service Director to work out of our Northern, NJ headquarters. The Portfolio Service Team is responsible for effectively providing service to advisors and sales support to asset managers. The team will support asset management members, primarily responsible for servicing and retaining assets. Additionally, through data analysis and targeted digital marketing the team will help drive sales for asset management partners, by maintaining and strengthening relationships with clients across various distribution channels (RIAs, IBDs, TAMPs, Wires, Regional Banks, etc.). This position requires a passion for capital markets, investing and client service.
The overarching objective of the role is to build strong relationships with Financial Professionals.
- Service existing relationships and develop new opportunities with financial advisors and registered representatives in the distribution network within their territory
- Provide service and sales support, fielding inbound inquiries via phone, email and chat
- Raise and retain assets within a geographic territory by digital marketing to financial advisers to share sales ideas, provide product information, gather marketing data, offer sales support, providing market updates, and cross selling firm products and services
- Deliver effective presentations to promote products, services and competitive advantages
- Follow up with clients after Portfolio Consulting Director/wholesaler visits to provide additional information, obtain feedback about the meeting and inquire about additional product needs
- Ability to identify sales opportunities through data analysis of sales flows and opportunity reports
- Develop and implement digital marketing and sales outreach campaigns utilizing social media channels
- Collaborate and share sales ideas with other members of the Portfolio Service Team and Portfolio Consulting Directors
- Provide content and sales ideas utilizing the FLX Distribution membership communities on FLXdst.com
- Maintain competitive intelligence meaningful to the firm and markets and staying abreast of news and media
- Adhere to the highest levels of integrity and professional conduct
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Investment Management or related field
- Series 7, 63
- Minimum 3 years internal wholesaling and/or advisor service experience
- Existing Financial Professional relationships at RIAs, IBDs, TAMPs, Regional Banks and Wirehouses a plus
- Passion for sales with a positive mindset
- Effective relationship building, customer service, communication
- Excellent social skills and ability to influence others
- Proven ability to easily build and maintain relationships
- Ability and desire to learn
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the ability to prioritize for most effective results
- Strong acumen for industry
- Strong presentation skills
- A track record of individual achievement and successful collaborative teamwork
FLX Distribution is built on empowering the individual, allowing the individual to be entrepreneurial to reach their potential while contributing to advancement of the organization. Our collaborative and inclusive culture respects and celebrates the diversity of our people - in thought, ideas and approach. This is a reason we can innovate. Our culture is built upon these foundational blocks.
- Help one another when it comes completing the job
- Open door and transparent
- Diversity of thought, ideas and approach is necessary for success
- Strive to meet our own high expectations
- We will work hard and have fun
- Success is not final and failure is not terminal – take smart and ethical risk, but do not be afraid to fail
- Lead by example – no job is too small or too big
- Member Experience
- Do everything we can to help our Members
- Devoted to going the extra step to ensure our company and its Membership succeed
- Respect one another, and accept there will be differences
We are devoted to going the extra step to ensure our membership and company succeed. We are looking for people who are ready to FLX with us.
If you’re ready, please send your cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn profile to HumanCapital@FLXdst.com.